Páginas

Monday 8 February 2021

Health and self-esteem

Health is the state of complete physical, mental and social wellbeing. This mainly depends on the physical condition of the person, but it is also affected by feelings and emotions. 






Mental Health

One of the aspects that we can work in mental health is our self-esteem

Self-esteem is used to describe how much you like or accept yourself as you are. It involves a variety of beliefs about yourself, such as the appraisal of your own appearance, beliefs, emotions, and behaviors.

How to Build Your Self-Esteem

Try these steps:

Make a list of the stuff you're good at. Can you draw or sing? Are you a good reader? Are you good at a sport? Do you tell a good joke? If you're having trouble with your list, ask a parent, friend or teacher to help you with it. Ask me!! I can tell you a lot of good things!!

Practice the things you do well. Think of ways you can do some of the things you're good at every day.
 
Turn "I can't" into "I can!" Does the little voice in your head tell you "I'm no good at this" or "I can't do it"? Or "It's too hard for me"? That's you thinking badly about yourself. Decide to change your mind.

Think, "I can give it a try," "I can handle this." Think, "I'll give it my best." Think, "I'll ask someone to help me do this."

Try your best. You can feel good about yourself when you give something a good try. When you try hard, your self-esteem will grow.

Spend time with people who love you. Do things you enjoy with your parent or family. It helps you know you belong. And that builds self-esteem.

Pitch in. Do nice things for parents. Help with meals, clean up, or feed the pet. When you do kind things, you feel good about yourself. You get to see that what you do means a lot.

Did you like these tips? Give me your opinion!!!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Simon, sometimes I think negatively and it is true that thinking positively can change the way we see things,thanks for your advice.

    ReplyDelete