Páginas

Monday 27 April 2020

English articles

Read the following and then do the exercise!

A/an and the are articles. They are a type of determiner and they go before a noun.

A/an before a noun shows that what is referred to is not already known to the speaker, listener, writer and/or reader (it is the indefinite article):

Do you have a car?

A: Do you live in a house?

B: No, actually, I live in an apartment.

The before a noun shows that what is referred to is already known to the speaker, listener, writer and/or reader (it is the definite article):

Where did we park the car? (The speaker and the listener know what car is being referred to.)

We had to paint the apartment before we sold it. (The speaker and the listener know what apartment is being referred to.)

The makes a noun specific.

Now try the following exercise: click here.

Closet = armario

Vacuum cleaner = la aspiradora

40 comments:

  1. Good morning Simon, we have to say to you the grades?Bye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Simon in the activity I have a 8/10.☺️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good!! Try again!

      Delete
    2. Hi Simon! I try again and I have a 9/10. I have 2 wrong. Bye. ☺️

      Delete
  3. Hi Simon I'm Ivan.I have got 9/10

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Simon I have 10/10. I have 1 wrong😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Simón I have 10/10 I have not had any bad

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Simon,I have 10/10!🎉💎🎉

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had 10/10👍.Hi everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello simon I get in the firts 7/10 on the second 8/10 and in the last one 10/10

    ReplyDelete