Páginas

Sunday 5 March 2023

English Reading Activity

When I was growing up, I used to read books all the time. I loved the way books could take me to a different world and let me experience things I could never do in real life. It was like a magical escape from the world around me.

My parents were always supportive of my love for books. They would take me to the library every weekend, and I would spend hours browsing through the shelves, looking for the perfect book. I remember the excitement I felt when I discovered a new series, or when I finally got my hands on a book that I had been waiting for months to read.

Reading was not just a hobby for me, it was a way of life. When I was reading, the rest of the world didn't exist. I would lose track of time and forget about everything else. It was just me and the characters in the book.


One summer, I spent every day reading in the park. I would pack a picnic blanket and some snacks and spend hours reading. The park became my sanctuary, and the characters in the books became my friends. I would imagine myself going on adventures with them, or solving mysteries alongside them.

One day, while I was reading a mystery novel, a little girl came up to me and asked what I was reading. I showed her the cover, and she smiled. We started talking about our favorite books and characters, and it turned out that we both loved the same series. We spent the rest of the afternoon reading together and discussing the story.


From that day on, we became reading buddies. Every weekend, we would meet up in the park and read together. Sometimes we would act out scenes from our favorite books, pretending we were the characters. It was like we were living in our own little world.

As I got older, my love for books never faded. I had a big library at home filled with books of all kinds. One day, while I was organizing my library, I found an old book I used to love when I was a kid. It was a book about a girl who travels to a magical land and has all kinds of adventures.

I started reading it again and was immediately transported back to my childhood. It was like the rest of the world didn't exist. I could feel the excitement and joy I felt when I first read the book. As I finished the last page, I realized how much I missed the feeling of being completely engrossed in a story.

Throughout my teenage years, I started to appreciate books for different reasons. I discovered books that helped me understand myself better and books that exposed me to new ideas and ways of thinking. Reading became more than just a hobby, it was a way for me to learn and grow as a person.


When I went to college, I continued to read as much as I could. I joined a book club on campus and made friends with other book lovers. We would meet once a month to discuss the book we had read, and it was always interesting to hear everyone's different perspectives.


Now, as an adult, I still love books. I have a job that allows me to work with books every day, and I couldn't be happier. Whenever I feel stressed or overwhelmed, I turn to a book for comfort. It's like a peaceful escape from the world around me. And I always think back to that day in the park when I met my reading buddy and discovered my love for books. It's amazing how one little moment can change your life forever.

Questions:

1. What did the narrator love about reading books when they were growing up?

The narrator loved how books could take them to a different world and let them experience things they could never do in real life.

2. Did the narrator prefer reading books or experiencing things in real life?

It's not explicitly stated whether the narrator preferred reading books or experiencing things in real life.

3. How did reading books make the narrator feel?

Reading books made the narrator feel like they were escaping from the world around them

4. Did the narrator feel like reading books was a form of escapism?

Yes, the narrator felt like reading books was a form of escapism.

5. Did the narrator enjoy reading books because they could experience things that were impossible in real life?

Yes, the narrator enjoyed reading books because they could experience things that were impossible in real life.

6. Did the narrator think of reading books as a form of magic

7. Was the narrator always reading books when they were growing up

8. Did the narrator read books in a particular genre or did they read a variety of different genres

9. Did the narrator have a favorite book when they were growing up

10. Did the narrator continue to read books as they got older or did their reading habits change?





11 comments: