Páginas

Tuesday 10 March 2020

How the whale got his throat

Hello everybody! Here is a first activity that I'm sure you will love.

Here is a story from a very well known author called Rudyard Kipling. It explains why a huge mammal - the whale - can only eat the smallest things.

The story is full of Kipling's love of words and sounds.

Listen to the story several times. Then make a summary of 100 words in your English notebook. Look up the words you don't know in a dictionary and write them in your English notebook.

 https://www.storynory.com/how-the-whale-got-his-throat/

Enjoy and please leave a comment telling me that you have done this. If you have any question you can ask me here or in Milton Education.

25 comments:

  1. Hello! Don't worry tomorrow l has donde😋😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for correct me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome!! That's the way to learn! 😊😊 Correction: thanks for correcting me!

      Delete
  3. Hello, I,m Guillermo.The story is a bit long and with weird words, but is has been fun.Thanks Simon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Simon for the information.Im Nuria

    ReplyDelete
  5. HELLO SIMON IM DANIEL ROLLAN

    ReplyDelete
  6. I Simon I am Rebeca and I love the story

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This stories are amazing! And I think you can learn a lot!

      Delete
  7. What's the meaning of stute fish?
    ¿pez astuto?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Silvia! Yes it means "Pez astuto", but why? Kipling does that many times in his stories, he uses an apostrophe at the beginning of the word and takes off on letter like this: 'stute and this word is "astute". 😄😊

      Delete